Thursday, February 10, 2011

Trader Joe's Whore


Whenever I go to Trader Joe's I feel like I've stepped into the cold stone "Gotta have it" zone. I have to look at every single item. I love the packaging. I know where everything is. I know when an item is "gnu". If something is new and looks good and is packaged cute, I must try it. I love their wine department. I love the food sampling station. I don't like their pet food or fresh fruit (except bananas) or bread so much. I have that place almost figured out. I don't know what I would do if I lived far away from my love, TJ.

Today as I was coming home from the library with my friend Christy, she needed to make a quick stop. I figured I might as well pick up dinner, but I wasn't sure what. I went down every aisle. Why? I don't know. I got a few of the must-have old classics (mandarin orange chicken, frozen microwave brown rice) and a few new tempations...frozen mango puree packets for smoothies, whole wheat vegetable lasagna, cajun chicken alfredo (this looks awesome), fresh chopped frozen basil cubes, and last but for sure not least...their new coffee + chocolate. Now I realize I spent $20 on Kona coffee not even a week ago, but it is valentine's day and I can plow through coffee pretty quickly on my school schedule. No sugar added coffee mixed with cocoa..I am sold. As I peeled back the foil seal and gave it a whiff, I knew I had to brew some (at 6:30 pm on a Thursday - oh well). It smell's like angel farts.

No comments: